It’s raining and what better meal to make on a rainy day then Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Baked Potato Soup?
I love soup and I love, love, love potatoes, now add lots of cream and cheese and this is the ultimate rainy day dish!
It’s rich, creamy, and ultra cheesy!
The wonderful people at OXO sent me their OXO On Illuminating Digital Hand Mixer for recipe development and I couldn’t wait to use it!
I knew soup was going to happen and with my new favorite kitchen gadget I knew it was going to be nice and creamy!
This is the perfect Christmas gift for the foodie in your life!
Now let’s start cooking, so we can start blending!
First, the potatoes!
I use organic red potatoes because I want to keep the skin on the potatoes.
The skin has a lot of nutritional value and it also saves me a lot of peeling time.
If you’re using non-organic potatoes, please peel them first.
Secondly, once we cook the potatoes with chicken stock for about 3 1/2 hours on high, it’s time to start blending!
The OXO On Illuminating Digital Hand Mixer has Soft-Glow LED Headlight.
The headlight illuminates the pot as you blend, allowing you to monitor soup and sauce consistency.
You can determine how creamy or thick you want your soup!
Baby Girl loves her soup extra creamy and creamy is what she received thanks to the OXO On Illuminating Digital Hand Mixer.
Don’t forget to add your roasted garlic before blending.
After 3 1/2 hours on high it’s time to add the cheese and heavy cream.
You could use regular whole milk, but I prefer the richness of the heavy cream.
The soup is hot and ready and it’s time to top it off with sour cream, chives, and extra cheese.
The husband requested a bottle of hot sauce.
If you can stand the heat, hot sauce it up!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, organic
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- chives, sour cream, cheese to serve
- Rinse potatoes, cut into 4 cubes.
- Place into slow cooker with broth, celery, red onion and spices.
- Mix well. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- Add roasted garlic, cream and cheese, blend.
- Cook 30 more minutes with no lid.
- Stir, serve with toppings.
- Serving Size: 4-6