It’s less than 24 hours until Cinco De Mayo, and I can‘t wait to eat!
I’ve been cooking my favorite Mexican foods all week, and today I decided I needed a bean dip.
Yes, one can’t have a true Cinco De Mayo party without a good bean dip!
I created my 7 layer bean dip filled with great Mexican cheeses, andouille sausage, and yes people, bacon!
This bean dip is quick and simple.
Now, don’t judge me as you read the directions, don’t forget we’re creating holiday food and it’s suppose to be rich and cheesy!
First, fry some diced bacon, then add some fresh andouille sausage to the bacon grease and cook until crispy.
Remove the sausage from pan and add pureed pinto beans to the bacon/sausage grease.
Yes, people it’s a holiday so add the beans to the grease please.
Look at this people, we’re on our way to tasty bean dip goodness!
You could layer this dip in any order you prefer just make sure you don’t forget to top it with bacon!
Look at this dip…can I get a YUM!
This dip is da bomb!
I fried up some fresh tortilla chips, and I am ready to EAT!
Happy Cinco De Mayo.
- 1 29 oz can of whole pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 11X9 casserole dish
- cooking spray to coat dish
For the 2nd Layer:
- 8 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
For the 3rd Layer:
- 1 jar of pickled, sliced jalapenos
For the 4th Layer:
- 8 oz grated jack cheese
For the 5th-6th Layer:
- 1/2 lb fresh andouille sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 pack of thick cut bacon, diced
- cooking oil
For the 7th Layer:
- 4 oz. enchilado cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare the first layer, place everything in a blender, blend well and set aside.
- To prepare ingredients for 5th and 6th layer. In a skillet over medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, add bacon and fry until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain.
- Add andouille sausage to bacon grease chop up and cook until brown and crispy about 15 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Add beans to bacon/sausage grease and cook about 5 minutes.
- Assembly dip in the above order. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes and broil for 3-4 minutes. Enjoy
- Garnish with green onions, sour cream and guacamole before serving. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
- Serving Size: 4-6