I love a nice creamy chicken salad sandwich.
I decided to take my traditional chicken salad and kick it up!
My Bacon Chicken Salad Sandwich with Pecans is delicious!
I started by roasting my chicken in a bunch of spices.
BTW, you can easily substitute turkey for the chicken or even ham.
Next, I baked some crispy bacon and decided to go nuts, by adding a big handful of pecans to the mix.
I must admit, sometimes I do make a very chunky chicken salad.
I just chop the chicken up with a knife and leave it chunky.
I love the texture of my chunky chicken salad.
As I mentioned the other day, I have a bunch of my nephews staying with me for the summer and I needed a way to hide the veggies!
I decided to “blend” the veggies…so they never knew I was tricking them.
These boys don’t like vegetables.
I saved some extra bacon and pecans to put on top of the salad before serving on freshly toasted Texas size bread.
Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes if you like.
Big Goo and the boys where not having it!
No lettuce and tomatoes for them but they did want lots of sliced cheese, go figure!
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, diced
- 1 pack of thick cut bacon
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup relish
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- extra virgin olive oil
- Texas Toast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all spices and set aside. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place chicken on baking sheet and coat with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle seasoning blend on chicken covering both sides and life the skin lightly to get seasonings under the skin.
- Reserve remaining seasoning blend. Roast chicken for about 35 to 40 minutes are until chicken reaches 165 degrees. Remove chicken from oven and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bacon on a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes are until nice and crispy.
- To assemble salad. Add vegetables and 1 cup of pecans to a food processor or blender, and mix well, making sure to not mush the vegetables up. Place mixture into a bowl. Shred chicken, discarding chicken bones.
- Add chicken plus skin to food processor and process until nice and smooth. Place mixture in the bowl with the veggies. Mix in mayonnaise, relish and remaining seasoning blend. Mix well. Fold in bacon and remaining pecans, chopped coarsely, and mix well.
- Chill salad until ready to serve. Serve on nice toasted bread with lettuce and tomatoes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4-6