O.K. people, only 24 hours until my Cooking Planit/T-fal Giveaway goes LIVE! I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself!
First, if you can’t wait until tomorrow, go straight to the bottom of the page and enter one of the giveaways that already started. Then, come back tomorrow, and enter my giveaway…the more giveaways you enter, the more chances you have to win!
We’re also cooking a wonderful Orzo Salad with Peppers and Olives.
Secondly, let me tell you about these wonderful T-fal pots!
I am a collector, I collect everything that involves cooking and eating. Some would call me a professional shopper, I prefer the term, collector.
In my former life I was a manager for one of the biggest retailers in America, and guess what department I managed, yes, it was the kitchen section! I can actually say, I am a pot expert…!
T-Fal has created a wonderful set of pots. The first thing I noticed was the pots have measurements inside. That my friends, is pure genius, no more fumbling through cabinets, trying to find the correct liquid measuring cups.
Did I mention the pots are dishwasher safe? My Baby Girl thanks you T-fal!
I tested it by preheating the pan, then adding extra virgin olive oil so I could start cooking!
I am a busy mama, and sometimes I need ideas to help get dinner prepared, quick, fast, and in a hurry, Cooking Planit does that and more, and it’s a free service!
My daughters favorite salad is anything that includes orzo. Cooking Planit Orzo Salad with Three Peppers and Olives was delicious!
I made a few adaptations to Orzo Salad with Peppers and Olives which included adding asparagus and some pre-roasted red peppers.
The Orzo Salad with Peppers and Olives was so quick to prepare and full of flavor. The amount of time it took to boil the orzo, everything was complete.
Back to the pots, I noticed that my water came to a boil a lot quicker than average, these pots are a keeper!
- 2 cups orzo, cooked according to package directions
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 cup marinated red peppers, diced
- 1 cup olives, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- feta or parmigiano reggiano cheese (optional)
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Rinse and chop parsley, add to a medium bowl, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend and mix well. Add rice wine vinegar, lemon zest and juice to bowl and mix well. Drizzle in about 1/4 cup of olive oil while whisking. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add orzo, stir and cook according to package directions.
- While orzo cooks, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to pan over medium heat, add all the vegetables except the garlic.
- Saute vegetables for about 5 minutes, season with remaining seasoning blend, add garlic and mix well.
- Cook vegetables for about 3-4 more minutes.
- Drain orzo, rinse with cold water and drain again. Coat orzo with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Add vegetables and orzo to vinaigrette and mix well. Top with feta or parmigiano reggiano cheese if desired. Serve warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 4
Don’t forget to share the love by visiting some of the other 49 bloggers sites, and guess what, some of them have already started their giveaway. The dates and links are listed below:
I was provided with a set of T-fal cookware to use and review, a set to give away, as well as the full version of the #CookingPlanit iPad / iPhone app, and a CookingPlanit account to use and review. All opinions are 100% my own.