First, I must explain my love of Korean Bulgogi Steak! I’ve been eating Bulgogi two and three times a week for almost a month.
Addicted, I would say, YES! Chicken, Beef, and/or Veggie Bulgogi, they cook it, I am eating it! They, I might add, is KoMex Asian Fusion restaurant.
My Korean Bulgogi Steak with Fried Egg is about to be my new best friend!
I couldn’t figure out what it was about this dish that had me hooked! Yes, I love Asian food, I can’t help it, I am a California gal, and we have some of the best Asian food in the world, out in Cali.
After a lot of research and some begging, I found out it was not just my love of Asian food, it was what some Koreans put in the marinade that had me going Korean Bulgogi Steak Crazy!
I peeled and grated the pear, if you’re wondering those are all OXO kitchen gadgets! Oh, and don’t grate the seeds.
Remove the cooked meat from the pan, then add the carrots and cucumbers for a quick veggie saute.
Now, it’s time for the eggs! Note people, I am all about using happy eggs, Cage Free and happy, happy!
I am avid reader, and this came about after reading this quote from Thich Nhat Hanh in his book Anger, “We have to eat happy eggs from happy chickens.”
It was like a light bulb moment Oprah always talks about…lol. I saw happy chickens running around, creating happy eggs, so I can have happy food.
I am also this way about my milk, and that’s a whole other $6.00 a gallon organic milk story. But I love a happy cow, just as much as I love a happy chicken!
See you learn something new about me everyday. I almost forgot we’re cooking people…lol.
- 1 lb. sirloin steak, 1/4 inch, sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded, sliced, peeled if non organic
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 white onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 pear, peeled, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- hot rice
- sesame seeds to garnish
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside, reserve 2 teaspoons of seasoning blend.
- Slightly freeze steak so it’s easier to slice. Slice frozen steak as thin as possible, rinse, drain, place in a large bowl, add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat meat.
- Add Chili sauce, sriracha, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil to remaining seasoning blend and mix well, add to bowl with steak.
- Add sliced white onion and garlic to bowl with steak. Grate the pear on top of the steak, mix well and allow to marinate 30 minutes if you have time.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Add meat/veggie mixture and saute for about 6-8 minutes are until desired level of doneness is achieved, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to pan, add veggies, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend and saute for about 5 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the last tablespoon of olive oil to pan, place the four eggs in greased molds if available, season with remaining season blend and cook until fried around 4 minutes.
- Serve Bulgogi over hot rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 4
Don’t forget to show the 49 other bloggers listed below some love, by visiting their wonderful blogs!
Giveaway open to residents of the US only. One winner per household, per family from the 50 blogs participating in this giveaway. If your name is selected more than once for winning, you will only receive one cookware set, and another name will be drawn for additional winning entries. All entries will be verified. Cookware sets will be sent from T-Fal, to the winners, after all of the giveaways have ended. All participating blogs and their giveaway dates are listed below. Please visit them for more chances to enter this fabulous giveaway!
I was provided with a set of T-fal cookware to use and review, a set to give away, as well as the full version of the #CookingPlanit iPad / iPhone app, and a CookingPlanit account to use and review. All opinions are 100% my own.