- 2 chicken breast, boneless, skinless, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, crushed
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- olive oil
For the Enchiladas:
- 8 corn tortilla shells
- 2 cups of cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- cooked chicken, diced
- chili gravy sauce
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend for chili sauce and set aside. Rinse chicken and pat dry, cut into 1 inch chunks, season with 1/2 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well, set aside.
For the Chili Gravy:
- Heat cooking oil in pot over medium low heat, add flour and whisk well for about 2-3 minutes, add broth, bring mixture to boil, reduce heat to simmer, add seasonings, mix well, allow sauce to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Taste for flavor, thin out with water if needed or extra stock. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add chicken and cook for about 6-8 minutes, mix well. Remove from heat, allow to rest about 5 minutes and chop into smaller chunks.
- Place cooking oil in pan and heat over medium heat, add tortilla shells one at a time, cook for about 30 seconds on each side, place on paper napkins to drain, repeat.
To Assemble Enchiladas:
- Place 1/2 cup of Chili Gravy in the bottom of medium casserole dish, spread evenly, dip one corn shell into remaining chili gravy, place in casserole dish, top with about 1-2 tablespoons of cooked chicken and 1-2 tablespoons of grated cheese, roll up, place seam side down in casserole dish, repeat.
- Top with remaining cheese and green onions, pour remaining Chili Gravy over the edges of enchiladas, to prevent drying out. Drizzle a little Chili Gravy on top of cheese and green onions.
- Cover with foil, bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, remove foil, bake 10 minutes more uncovered. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2