- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 lb hot links
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3–4 cups chicken broth
- 1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tablespoon coco powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 bay leaves
For the Chili Garnish:
- sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped white onion
- green onion
- cooked pinto beans
- oyster crackers
- Slice hot links about 1/4 inch on a diagonal. Add hot links to a medium pot, cover with water and boil for about 5-9 minutes to remove grease from sausage. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive to large pot over medium heat, add bell pepper, onion, and celery, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients minus chili garnishes and hot links. Bring mixture to boil, breaking up meat, stirring well for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chili and hot links to slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on high, stirring occasionally. Add more broth if needed to thin.
- To serve chili, place cooked pasta in bowl, top with white onion, top with chili, top with more white and green onions. Cooked beans may be added if desired.
- Serve with oyster crackers if desired.
- Serving Size: 6