- 1 lb chuck roast
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- parmigiana reggiano cheese to garnish
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Rinse roast and cut into 2 inch chunks, add to bowl, coat in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of seasoning, mix well.
- Toss roast in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large pan add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add roast and brown for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and add to slow cooker.
- Add more oil to pan if needed, add ground turkey, onions, bell pepper, garlic and celery to pan and add about 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well and cook for about 7 minutes to brown, add to slow cooker.
- Add tomato paste, sauce, broth to slow cooker and remaining seasonings. Cook on high for 5 hours or until roast is fork tender.
- Add parsley, cook for about 30 minutes more, uncovered to allow sauce to thicken.
- Serve with cooked pasta and parmesean cheese.
- Serving Size: 4-6