- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups small pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained, rinsed, tossed in olive oil
- 2 cups red salsa
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, organic, canned, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups northern white beans, organic, canned, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- crusty bread to serve
- parmigiano reggiano cheese to serve
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Break Italian sausage into small chunks and fry until browned on both sides about 10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, carrot, and onion to sausage, season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and cook about 4 minutes.
- Add fresh garlic to pot and cook 1 minute more.
- Add salsa, beans and broth to pot, stir well. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer slightly covered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fresh parsley to pot the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
To serve Pasta e Fagioli:
- Place about 1/2 cup of cooked pasta in bottom of bowl, top with hot soup.
- Grate fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese on top and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4-6