I have the perfect chicken recipe for you today!
Easy, Tasty, and Quick, that’s what my Cajun Chicken Alfredo is all about.
The wonderful people at Perdue Farms were kind enough to send me their PERDUE® PERFECT PORTIONS® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for recipe development.
Perdue Farms is a family owned and operated company for generations, using only cage free, vegetarian feed, no-hormones and steroid free chickens.
Don’t forget to check out my other Perfect Portion Meal.
My Mesquite Grilled Chicken Nachos using Perdue Farms Perfect Portions Mesquite Marinated Chicken Breast are beyond delicious!
First, saute the seasoned chicken in extra virgin olive oil for 4 minutes on each side.
Next, add the vegetables and cook a few minutes more.
While the chicken is cooking don’t forget to start making the cream sauce.
It’s really simple, take heavy cream, tomato sauce, and seasonings, bring to boil, reduce heat, and stir in cheeses.
Lastly, add the chicken broth and cheese sauce to cooked chicken, simmer for about 5 minutes.
Stir in cooked pasta, mix well, and cook Cajun Chicken Alfredo for 1 minute more to heat pasta.
I love to serve my Alfredo with extra parmesean cheese on the side.
Don’t forget to garnish with green onions.
All done and ready to dig in!
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb pasta, cooked according to package directions. rinsed, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onion to garnish
For the Cajun Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, cut into 2 inch chunks and place into a large bowl.
- Coat chicken with spices and mix well.
- In a large skillet place about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and saute for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Add bell pepper, onion, and celery to pan and cook 3 minutes more, add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- While chicken is cooking, in a separate pan add heavy cream, tomato sauce, and spices.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and stir in cheeses by the handful, mixing well after each addition.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and tomato cream sauce to chicken, mix well. Allow to simmer about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in pasta to heat and serve.
Full disclosure: I was provided a box of Perdue Farms Perfect Portions Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Thighs free of charge as part of this campaign. I am not, however, actually affiliated with Perdue Farms, and am allowed to speak positively or negatively about the product, so like in all of my reviews, any opinions expressed are mine and based on my experience, and do not reflect the opinions of Perdue Farms or anyone else.
- Serving Size: 6-8