- 4 cups frozen hash brown, defrosted
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- extra virgin olive oil to cook
For the Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Allow potatoes to defrost and drain out any excess water from potatoes with a towel.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Heat around 1/2 cup of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Form potatoes into medium size pancakes.
- Place potatoes in skillet in batches around 3 at a time.
- Using the back of a tablespoon flatten out potatoes.
- Cook around 3-4 minutes per side until the potatoes are nice and golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes. Drain on paper napkins.
- Mix the sour cream and hot sauce together and serve on top of lakes with green onion to garnish.
- Serving Size: 4