- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled, diced into 1? chunks
- 3 cups roasted or smoked turkey, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- extra virgin olive oil
- sour cream to top if desired
- buttered toast with jam to serve
- In a medium pot add diced potatoes, cover with cold water and boil for 5-7 minutes, until potatoes are tender which pricked with a fork.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add potatoes to pan, season with spices, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add turkey, mix well, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Top hash with grated cheese and broil until cheese melts about 4 minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve.
I used smoked turkey but oven roasted turkey would still give you a wonderful dish.
- Serving Size: 4