I truly can’t believe it’s only 21 Days Until Christmas!
With all the holiday shopping left to complete I decided to help everyone out by sharing my favorite gifts of the season.
The best part about today’s must have gift is that I’ve included my Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole recipe as a bonus.
Yep folks, you can’t give a gift like this without including a cheesy recipe.
The wonderful people at Crock-Pot® were kind enough to send me their Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock Slow Cooker, Black & White Pattern!
Did I mention I am in LOVE with this Casserole Slow Cooker!
First, look at the pattern folks, it matches my pantry wallpaper perfectly.
Secondly, you have four colors to choose from.
Lastly, this is the best invention since cheese!
Furthermore, it’s cooks food to perfection!
My Sausage, Potato, and Cheese Casserole turned out perfect and it was so easy to assemble.
All I did was brown up some breakfast sausage with a little spices.
Then layer frozen hash brown potatoes in your Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock Slow Cooker.
Next, top with cooked sausage and cheese and repeat twice.
Pour over beaten eggs and let the Slow Cooker take over!
I’ve also created a new Favorite Things section on the blog that will showcase all my favorite gadgets and products throughout the year.
All you have to do is click a picture and it will take you directly to the sites where you can purchase the items.
Now you only have 21 Days Until Christmas so you need to hurry up and purchase a few of these Crock Pot Slow Cookers to give out as gifts!
Also, don’t forget to purchase one for yourself!
- 32 ounces frozen hash brown, shredded
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan over medium heat, add breakfast sausage, season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and cook for about 10 minutes until sausage is browned.
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes, sprinkle generously with seasoning blend.
- Layer 1/2 of the cooked sausage.
- Top with cheese and repeat the process, ending with cheese on top.
- Mix eggs, milk, and remaining seasoning blend together.
- Pour over potato mixture and cook covered on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with green onions the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
You can cut prep time by purchasing pre cooked breakfast sausage crumbles.
Also, DO NOT lock the slow cooker lid on the casserole dish while cooking.
- Serving Size: 6-8