It’s Dip Time!
What better way to relax on a lazy Sunday than whip up a big batch of Fried Corn Dip with Bacon?
Yes, that’s FRIED CORN, BACON, loads of cheese and peppers!
And just in case you’re wondering, YES, the bacon grease goes inside the dip.
We’re having a little family “emergency” with my Baby Girl and her sore throat.
She woke up feeling awful yesterday so I made her a big batch of my Roasted Chicken Ramen Noodle Soup.
I added 10 cloves of garlic to the soup because I read somewhere that garlic has healing properties.
Well, thank God, she’s healed!
After eating my “miracle soup” and drinking my magic tea Baby Girl woke up feeling great and requested I make her dip that included bacon!
Baby Girl also requested I add lots of cheese and her favorite peperoncinis.
We love spicy food in our house and Baby Girl has been eating spice since she was a 4 months old.
Not my doing folks, I was at work and my sister was supposed to babysitting.
Instead I arrive home from work and my 6 year old nephew is sitting on the floor with boiled hotlinks.
He was removing the skin, chewing the hotlinks and feeding it to Baby Girl!
Let’s just say my sister was fired immediately and Baby Girl has been addicted to spicy food since.
This dip is really simple, I just fried up lots of bacon.
Reserve that bacon grease folks because we’re cooking the corn in it!
Add the corn to the bacon grease with the spices and cook for about 7 minutes.
Now for the good stuff.
Grate up loads of cheese, I used mozzarella and sharp cheddar.
Mix all the ingredients together and place into a greased baking dish.
Bake for about 20 minutes and then broil for about 4 minutes to brown up the top.
Serve with lots of crackers, bread, and tortilla chips.
- 3 cups organic corn
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup peperoncini, drained
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon creole seasonings
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add diced bacon to a pan with a little olive oil.
- Cook bacon until crispy about 7 minutes.
- Add corn to bacon and bacon grease, season with spices.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add bacon/corn and all remaining ingredients to a large bowl.
- Mix well and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, broil 3 minutes to brown the top.
- Serving Size: 4-6