- 1 lb lamb, ground
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 red onion, pureed in blender or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- Add milk and bread to a large bowl and allow to sit for about 5 minutes to soften bread.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Cover mixture and allow to chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form meatballs using 1/4 cup measuring cup.
- Place on greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Broil for 3 minutes to brown the top of meatballs.
- Serve with rice and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4-6