I am not much of a coffee drinker!
BUT, I am a big cake eater.
My Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake is one of my all-time favorite cakes.
Let me give you a little behind the scenes on this cake love!
I was always taking my daughter to Starbucks and I would never purchase anything for myself.
I am not into coffee but Baby Girl loves it so I just went with it.
Then, one day I became a believer.
Baby Girl was tired of eating and drinking in my face and me giving all those coffee addicts the “side-eye” while I waited for her drink.
I remember it like it was yesterday, Baby Girl handed me a piece of lemon loaf cake and said “Ma’ eat it, it will make the wait happier!”
I reluctantly ate the cake.
I WAS HOOKED!
That cake was moist, lemony, did I mention moist!
I would say I became so addicted to eating Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake that for about a year straight that was the only cake I would eat.
This is why I had to learn how to make it myself.
I’ve made it from scratch, I was not impressed.
Then I decided on boxed cake mix doctored up might be the key to recreating my cake fantasies.
I was correct and although I still pick up a slice from Starbucks every so often, I find that I love my copycat version just as much as the original Starbucks version.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 small package jello instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 loaf pan
For the Lemon Glaze:
- For the Lemon Glaze:
- 2 lemons zested and juice or 4 tbsp. lemon juice + 1 tbsp. zest
- 3 1/2 cups of powdered confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl, add lemon cake mix and instant lemon pudding mix add zest from two lemons to mix and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, melted butter, vanilla, milk and eggs.
- Place mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for about 5 minutes, coat lightly with lemon glaze.
- Allow cake to cool completely then coat with remaining lemon glaze.
To Prepare Lemon Glaze:
- To prepare the lemon glaze, mix lemon juice, zest and powdered sugar, whisk until smooth.
- Serving Size: 6