This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameSnacks #CollectiveBias
My family and I love SPORTS!
You name it, we’re watching it. Football, basketball, hockey, and tennis are some of our favorite sports to watch.
Our main reason for being serious sports fanatics is the food, like my Cheez-Its Macaroni and Cheese.
#BigGameSnacks and Snackable Moments are the two keys to enjoying our sports festivities.
I headed over to Walmart because not just any snacks will do.
I am a big fan of Cheez-It’s and my two new favorite Cheez-It’s are the Cheez-It Crunch’d which is Cheez-It’s first-ever crunchy puff made with 100% real cheese.
Don’t forget the Grooves which are thin, crispy and made with 100% real cheese, Cheez-It Grooves combine the best of Cheez-It and a chip into one delicious snack.
I wanted to create a recipe using Cheez-It Grooves and my mind went straight to Mac and Cheese.
It’s like creating the ultimate Cheez-It, party in your mouth, crunchy, creamy, bowl of goodness!
My Mac and Cheese is a stove-top version with a few minutes under the broiler.
You could also mix all the ingredients together top with the crushed Cheez-It Grooves and bake it like a casserole.
Don’t forget to participate in Most Valuable Cheese Contest that is taking place from Feb – April 2015. Users can vote on their favorite flavors/varieties from six popular Cheez-It flavors and play games for a chance to win $10,000.
Also, follow Cheez-It on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with all the Cheez-It happenings.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni pasta, large
- 1 cup Cheez-It Grooves, crushed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesean cheese, grated
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt for pasta water
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add about 2 teaspoonfuls of salt to water.
- Add pasta to water and cook according to package directions minus 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse pasta, toss in a little olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium skillet add 1 tablespoonful of olive oil over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter, add diced onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and cook a few minutes more.
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add heavy cream and add cheese by the cupful, mixing well after each addition.
- Taste mixture and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Fold in pasta and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish and top with extra cheese and crushed Cheez-It’s.
- Broil for about 5 minutes.