- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup flour
- green onions to garnish
- hot rice or mashed potatoes
- garlic bread to serve
For the Shrimp:
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix seasoning blend for sauce and set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend to vegetables and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add flour to vegetable mixture and cook 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Add broth and remaining seasonings to pot.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To Prepare Shrimp:
- Rinse, peel, and devein shrimp.
- Leave shrimp tails on if desired.
- Drizzle shrimp with olive oil and all spices, mix well.
- Increase pan heat to medium and add shrimp to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice or mashed potatoes with a side of garlic toast.
- Serving Size: 4-6