- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 2 medium eggplant, diced 1 inch thick
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Preheat over to 500 degrees.
- Place eggplant on baking sheet, coat with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well, roast about 15 minutes.
- Add about 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion about 5 minutes, add garlic.
- Add sausage and break up with the back of a spoon. Cook for about 10 minutes
- Season with 2 tablespoons of seasoning blend.
- Add pancetta and cook about 7 more minutes.
- Bring pasta water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and set aside.
- Drain and rinse pasta with hot water, drain again and coat with olive oil, set aside.
- Add eggplant to sausage mixture, top with tomato sauce, pasta cooking water and remaining seasonings.
- Cook 5 more minutes, add pasta, parsley, stir, mix well.
- Toss in cheese and serve.
- Serving Size: 6-8