I know everyone is busy shopping and enjoying family but you still gotta eat!
My Indian Pasta Salad is the perfect quick snack to have in the refrigerator for your out of town guest who may be tired of Turkey!
Pasta salad is something I always keep in my fridge because it’s a great way to use up my leftover veggies at the end of the week.
This is one of the easiest salads to make.
You really don’t have to do any cooking unless you want to.
Sometimes I choose to roast the corn with a little olive oil in the oven for a about 10 minutes.
You don’t have to do that, it’s just an option. This salad is still delicious without roasting the corn.
First, I used organic canned chickpeas and corn.
Make sure you rinse and drain the beans and corn.
We don’t want to dilute our salad with water so drain them well.
Secondly, chop up all your veggies.
I used mixed bell peppers, sliced olives, diced red onion, cucumbers, and chopped seeded tomatoes.
Also, please use fresh parsley, mint, and cilantro.
Use your favorite veggies, I change the veggies based on what I have leftover in the fridge.
Diced zucchini works really well in this recipe.
Lastly, the vinaigrette!
This is key to the recipe.
I use a lot of Indian spices such as turmeric and curry powder.
Mix the vinaigrette in a lidded jar and taste. Add a little extra turmeric and curry if desired.
Pour the vinaigrette over the cooked pasta and mix well.
Chill salad for about 30 minutes in the fridge and serve with a side of naan bread or pita chips.
- 1 lb pasta, rotini
- 2 cups organic chickpeas, canned
- 2 cups organic corn, canned
- 2 cups tomato, seeded, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded, diced, peeled if non organic
- 1/2 cup black olive, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian Parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup mint, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, diced
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Marsala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- pinch of salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse in cold water, drain well, coat in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rinse corn and chickpeas, drain well.
- Place all veggies, pasta and beans into a large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by mixing all ingredients together in a lidded jar, shake well.
- Pour over veggies, mix well. Chill for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with chips, pita or naan bread.
- Serving Size: 6-8