- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jalapenos, chopped
For the breading:
- 1 cup Cheez-It® grooves, crushed
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
For the dredging station:
- 2 eggs beaten, seasoned with hot sauce if desired
- 2 cups flour
- cooking grease to fry
- Mix the cheese ingredients together and chill for about 30 minutes, covered in the fridge.
- You can make these the night before and chill overnight.
- Mix panko and crushed grooves together in a bowl.
- Add flour to a separate bowl.
- Add egg to a separate bowl.
- Remove cheese balls from the fridge, coat in flour, egg wash then panko/cracker crumb.
- Repeat until all the balls are coated.
- Heat grease to 350 degrees and fry balls for about 3 minutes are until golden brown.
- Serve garnished with green onions and a side of ranch dressing.