This Vegan Chili Con Carne is a quick and easy vegan meal that is loaded with Protein and Fiber thanks to lots of beans and vegetables. Pinto beans, peppers, onions, carrots, three different chili spices, and lots of flavor. It’s sure to warm you up on a chilly day.
- 4 (15 oz.) canned pinto beans, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup red tomato salsa
- 1 cup green chili salsa
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1 tablespoon California chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Pasilla chili powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Roux:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Toppings:
Vegan cheese, green onions, vegan sour cream, avocados, pico salsa
- Mix the seasoning blend together and set aside.
- In a chili pot add a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add all the vegetables minus the garlic. Cook for five minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook one minute more.
- Season with one tablespoon of the spice blend.
- Add the beans to the pot and season with one tablespoon of the spice blend.
- Mix well.
- Add broth, salsas, and remaining spice blend. Mix well.
- Prepare the roux by heating the oil over medium heat, stir in the flour, whisk for about five minutes.
- Add to the pan with the beans, mix well.
- Cook over medium low heat for about twenty minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add more broth if you prefer a thinner chili.
- Category: vegan
Keywords: vegan, chili, chili con carne, vegan chili, vegan soup, vegetarian chili, chili pie, chili fritos, chiili dogs,