My Lumpia Egg Rolls are quick, easy and oh so crispy!
Lumpia (Filipino Egg Rolls) can be made in advanced, frozen and fried at a later date. You just take boneless, skinless, chicken breast, add 1-2 cups of your favorite vegetables.
I coarse grind up everything because I light the texture of the meat and it allows everything to cook much faster.
Add a little ginger, Maggi seasoning, salt and pepper and a little sesame seed oil and mix well.
Leave about 1 inch room on each end of the wrapper so the feeling will not come out during the fry time.
Roll the spring roll up and spread a little flour water on the edge to seal it tight.
The spring rolls could be frozen at this point and fried later. But why wait for the CRUNCH!
After you fry and drain the Lumpia, I like to serve them with sweet and sour sauce or spicy Asian chili sauce.
I made mini Lumpia and extra large ones. The mini ones are so I want feel guilty eating a whole bunch of them.
Look at them, they are so pretty I could not stop taking pictures.
Look inside, the grind meat texture is beautiful and they are moist and juicy, while still remaining super crunchy.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 c. grated carrots
- 1 c. shredded cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Maggi seasoning-2 tbsp.
- Oyster sauce 1 tbsp.
- Sesame oil-1 tsp
- Soy sauce-1 tbsp
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Spring roll wrapper
- flour/water paste=equal amounts to seal rolls
- Grease to fry
- extra virgin olive oil to saute meat
- In a blender or food processor grind all the vegetables and chicken breast, season with all the seasonings, cook for about 4 minutes in a skillet over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. Allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Place about 1-3 teaspoons of cooled meat on the edge of the spring roll wrapper, depending on the size of the spring roll wrapper.
- Roll up, seal with flour water paste and repeat.
- You can freeze Lumpia if you choose. Lay flat on tray, do not stack, allow to freeze then once frozen, place in freezer bags.
- Heat cooking grease to 350 degrees. Fry Lumpia about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.