Hello everyone, tomorrow is Father’s Day, so that means Big Goo gets whatever he wants!
One day out of the year, I think I can handle this.
Big Goo said he wanted cheesecake.
OK, so I decided to make him his favorite strawberry cheesecake with vanilla whipped cream and a strawberry glaze.
He has yet to tell me what he wants for dinner and yes, time is ticking.
So first, I make dessert!
I’ve learned some tricks over the years of making cheesecake!
My favorite one is using a measuring cup to make sure I get the cheesecake crust nice, leveled, and perfect.
My next secret, after baking the crust for 13 minutes I allow the crust to cool for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
I take my largest cake pan, double wrap foil around the spring form pan, then I create a hot water bath.
Make sure you fill the water half way up the spring form pan.
I make sure my pan is in the middle of the large cake pan.
I am proud to say, I have never made a cracked cheesecake.
While the cake is baking, create your beautiful strawberry glaze.
I know you’re going to hate this people, but I allow my cheesecake to cool at room temperature for about 3-4 hours, then I refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.
I like to wait 24 hours before eating my cheesecake.
Don’t top the cheesecake with the strawberries until you are ready to serve it.
This turned out delicious and was Big Goo approved.
Hurry up people and get this in the oven, by tomorrow it’ll be ready to EAT!
- 8 oz. graham crackers, crushed finely
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Cheesecake filling:
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 4 8-ounce packages Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- strawberry topping
- vanilla whipped cream
For the Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Strawberry Topping
- 16 oz. strawberries, washed, cored
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter spring form pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place graham crackers in a blender and pulse well, add butter and sugar and mix well. Place crust mixture in pan and with the back of a measuring cup, tap mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan.
- This is enough mixture to go halfway up the sides of the pan. Bake for 13 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Wrap a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil tightly around the outside bottom and sides, crimping and pleating the foil to make it conform to the pan.
- This will help to prevent water seeping into the pan.
To Prepare Cheesecake Batter:
- Beat the eggs and sour cream until well blended about 1 minute.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese with the butter until smooth and creamy. Add this to the egg-sour cream mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and beat thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared spring form pan and place in a roasting pan (or other pan) large enough to prevent the sides from touching.
- Place in the oven and carefully pour in enough very hot tap water to reach halfway up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 2 hours, 15 minutes, or until the cake is very lightly colored and a knife inserted in the center emerges clean.
- Remove from the water bath and carefully peel the aluminum foil from around the pan.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature until completely cool, about 4 hours.
- Place cheesecake in the refrigerator uncovered and chill overnight.
To Prepare Whipped Cream:
- Prepare whipped cream by place mixing bowl and blades in freezer for about 30 minutes to get ice cold. Remove from freezer, add heavy cream and sugar to mixing bowl.
To Prepare Strawberry Topping:
- Prepare strawberry topping by adding all ingredients to a bowl and toss well. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes. Drain and take reserved juice and heat to boil, reduce to simmer, until sauce thickens.
- Top cheesecake with strawberries and drizzle glaze prior to serving.
To serve cheesecake:
- Take a boiling cup of hot water, place knife in hot water and dry, cut one side, dip knife in water again, dry and cut again. Perfect cut!
- Serving Size: 6-8