- 8 oz. graham crackers, crushed finely
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Cheesecake filling:
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 4 8-ounce packages Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- strawberry topping
- vanilla whipped cream
For the Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Strawberry Topping
- 16 oz. strawberries, washed, cored
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter spring form pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place graham crackers in a blender and pulse well, add butter and sugar and mix well. Place crust mixture in pan and with the back of a measuring cup, tap mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the spring form pan.
- This is enough mixture to go halfway up the sides of the pan. Bake for 13 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Wrap a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil tightly around the outside bottom and sides, crimping and pleating the foil to make it conform to the pan.
- This will help to prevent water seeping into the pan.
To Prepare Cheesecake Batter:
- Beat the eggs and sour cream until well blended about 1 minute.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese with the butter until smooth and creamy. Add this to the egg-sour cream mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and beat thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared spring form pan and place in a roasting pan (or other pan) large enough to prevent the sides from touching.
- Place in the oven and carefully pour in enough very hot tap water to reach halfway up the sides of the spring form pan.
- Bake for 2 hours, 15 minutes, or until the cake is very lightly colored and a knife inserted in the center emerges clean.
- Remove from the water bath and carefully peel the aluminum foil from around the pan.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature until completely cool, about 4 hours.
- Place cheesecake in the refrigerator uncovered and chill overnight.
To Prepare Whipped Cream:
- Prepare whipped cream by place mixing bowl and blades in freezer for about 30 minutes to get ice cold. Remove from freezer, add heavy cream and sugar to mixing bowl.
To Prepare Strawberry Topping:
- Prepare strawberry topping by adding all ingredients to a bowl and toss well. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes. Drain and take reserved juice and heat to boil, reduce to simmer, until sauce thickens.
- Top cheesecake with strawberries and drizzle glaze prior to serving.
To serve cheesecake:
- Take a boiling cup of hot water, place knife in hot water and dry, cut one side, dip knife in water again, dry and cut again. Perfect cut!
- Serving Size: 6-8