I always think I can do it better…lol…yep, that’s me, the lady who’s taking pictures of her food, talking to the chef, and inspecting every inch to see…what is this!
I need to know what I am eating, where it came from, and what I can do, to make it better.
That leads me to this beauty…Jalapeno Chicken Katsu. I wanted to spice the dish up and I did this by cooking the Katsu in Pastamore Jalapeno Oil.
If you’ve noticed, I am a little addicted to this oil, I’ve been cooking with it all week. I also breaded my fillets in Panko Bread Crumbs.
Panko will give your Katsu chicken that crunch that all chicken lovers look for.
My Katsu Chicken turned out perfect! Yes, it’s crispy, spicy, and of course well seasoned.
It’s time to EAT!Print
- 3 boneless, skinnless, chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. panko bread crumbs
- Pastamore Jalapeno Oil
- barbeque sauce
- Rinse, pat dry chicken breast. Cut chicken breast in half.
- Cover chicken breast with saran wrap and use a mallet or something heavy to flatten chicken to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
For the Dredging Station:
- In three separate bowls add flour, eggs, and panko.
- Season each with 1 teaspoonful of seasoning blend and set aside.
- Use remaining seasoning blend and season both sides of chicken breast.
- Lightly dredge chicken in flour, one piece at a time, then eggs, then panko, pressing panko onto chicken.
- Repeat until all the chicken has been breaded.
To Prepare the Chicken:
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a few tablespoons of jalapeno oil.
- Saute chicken 3 minutes on each side, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve chicken with hot rice or over pasta with a side of barbeque sauce.
- Serving Size: 4