I can’t even figure out how to describe these chicken nuggets…just plain, bangin’ bites, is what I came up with!
I am so excited to share this recipe with everyone, I promise you, this will be a big hit with your family, as it is with mine.
It’s day 4, and I am still having so much fun, cooking with Chobani. I decided to take my hot wing sauce to another level with the addition of Chobani Greek Yogurt!
I was in the middle of recipe development when I told the hubby, Big Goo, to taste my sauce prior to adding Chobani Greek Yogurt, he was like “this is so good….don’t add anything else to it, it’s perfect.”
Well, I am not one to listen to him…lol…so I didn’t, I added the yogurt and he was like nooooo….then I told him to taste it.
Big Goo got a spoon and starting eating the sauce…lol…saying the yogurt made it so creamy with a bite…lol, I laugh, because all of a sudden he’s a food critic.
Big Goo started planning everything he was going to put the sauce on, like french fries, as a dip for chips, and on his sandwiches…
The Hot Wing Chicken Bites are Big Goo approved! I had some extra gorgonzola cheese in the refrigerator so I used that to sprinkle on top of the bites after tossing them in the sauce.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- cooking oil
- gorgonzola cheese, to garnish
For the Wing Sauce:
- 1 cup of Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 cup of Kens blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/4 cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt Low Fat, Plain
- To prepare wing sauce, place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Reserve one cup of mixture to marinate chicken in.
- Place remaining sauce in a small saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
To Prepare Chicken:
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside. Place flour into a bowl season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, cut chicken into 2 inch chunks and place into a bowl. Add beaten eggs, 1 cup of wing sauce and remaining seasonings to chicken and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large pot, filling only half way with oil to prevent splatters. When oil reaches 350 degrees, it’s ready to fry the chicken.
- Place chicken chunks into seasoned flour in small batches. Fry chicken for about 7-8 minutes, turning over while cooking.
- Remove chicken from fryer and drain on paper napkins.
- Place chicken in bowl that has a lid, add some of the wing sauce and toss until coated in wing sauce. Repeat until all the chicken has been cooked, do not crowd the pan.
- Garnish with gorgonzola cheese.
- Serving Size: 4