I am a little under the weather today, it comes with the territory of teenagers and the germs they bring home from school.
Having a slight cold want stop me at all…I wanted to be comforted and that made my mind go straight to Mexican food!
I decided to cook some Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas which I knew would put a smile on my face…and Yes cheese does that too me!
Saute garlic and red onion, add the diced chicken and cook for a couple of minutes.
Now, it’s time to assemble our enchiladas and bake them babies up!
I topped my enchiladas with avocado, more sour cream and a few extra scallions. I must say, I feel better already.
Time to eat!Print
- 4 chicken breast, boneless skinless, medium size
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano, dried, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- cooking oil
- creamy white sauce
- corn tortilla shells
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- sour cream
For the Creamy White Sauce:
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups las palmas green chili enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare creamy white sauce by placing everything in a blender and blend until creamy, set aside until ready to use.
- To prepare enchiladas, place chicken in a stock pot, cover with seasonings, mix well. Cover chicken with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook chicken for about 15 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, place about 1/2 cup cooking oil into a pan over medium heat, cook tortillas for about 1 minute on each side to soften, drain, and set aside.
- Remove chicken from pot, dice into small chunks and set aside. Chicken may not be fully cooked at this point, please do not eat.
- In a skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, add red onion and saute for about 5 minutes, add garlic and diced chicken and cook for about 2 minutes more.
- To assemble enchiladas, spread about 1/2 cup of creamy white sauce on the bottom of a 13X9 casserole dish, make sure to cover the bottom.
- Dip shells into remaining white sauce, place on casserole dish, stuff with about 1 1/2 tablespoon of chopped chicken and 1 tablespoon of cheese, roll, and repeat.
- Top rolled enchiladas with remaining cheese and drizzle remaining creme sauce on top. Sprinkle green onions and bake enchiladas for about 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool and serve with beans.
- Serving Size: 4-6