I just created another wonderful dip for football! Yes…this dip is delicious…
I was in the process of cooking breakfast as I made this dip, and once it came out the oven, I stopped all other activities.
This Spicy Creole Shrimp Dip, requires your complete focus as you eat every shrimpy, cheesy, bite!
As I mentioned in the past, excellent ingredients are the key to great dip!
I sauteed all my fresh veggies in a little bit of olive oil, and of course plenty of spices.
Don’t forget to dice your shrimp into 2-3 pieces. I also reserved 3 shrimp and left the tail on them for a garnish!
It’s beautiful. Remember the shrimp will finish cooking as we bake the dip.
After about 20 minutes of bake time and a few minutes under the broiler, this dip is ready to eat!
Serve the dip with crackers or on some toasted bread. I served the dip with ciabatta bread, lightly toasted it.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cups jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cups sharp cheese, grated
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend for the vegetables.
- Peel, devein, rinse and pat dry shrimp. Leave tails on 3 shrimp if desired for garnish. Chop remaining shrimp into 3 pieces, season shrimp with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the seasoning blend, mix well and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes, season with 1 teaspoon of seasoning blend, mix well. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes only. Remove from heat and place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1 cup of cheese to shrimp mixture and stir well. Place into a greased oven proof casserole dish, top with remaining cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with shrimp garnish if using and broil for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, serve with bread and crackers.
- Serving Size: 4