It’s Day 2 of Slow Cooker Week and I am excited to present to you, my Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Chicken Wings.
These wings are the perfect slow cooker appetizer for your next party.
I took chicken drummettes and marinated them in a sweet and tangy sauce, that has pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar vinegar, and lots of spices.
I marinated my wings overnight but if you’re in a rush, try to marinate them for at least four hours.
I placed the wings in the slower cooker and cooked for 5 hours on high.
Next, I transferred the wings to a baking pan, basted them with some reserved marinade and broiled them for 5 minutes on each side, giving the wings a nice crispy texture.
Look what we have created. These wings are sweet from the pineapple juice and tangy from the vinegar based marinade.
I loved the taste of these wings, but no one loved them more than Big Goo…I had to tell him, this makes four servings, not one!Print
- 25 chicken drummettes or 4 lbs
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
For the Marinade:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon creole seasonings or seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rinse chicken drummettes and pat dry, place in a large bowl, coat with olive oil and spices, mix well and set aside.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together and reserve 1 cup and pour remaining marinade over chicken. Allow chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, place chicken and marinade in slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Transfer chicken wings from slow cooker to a baking pan, discard slow cooker juices, baste with reserved marinade, broil for 5 minutes on each side, baste both side of wings. Remove from oven and serve.
- Serving Size: 4