After making that Spicy Thai Chicken Curry yesterday, you would think one would cut back on the spice today!
But why would I do that…I love spice and it keeps things very interesting because you never know how hot something truly is until you taste it!
That curry by the way, you’ve been warned.
My family loves chili and I make it about once a week, sometimes I will double the recipe and freeze half so I can use it for chili dogs or to top hamburgers with.
I added beans again Texas…lol…I love beans and I like to throw them in my chili.
Sometimes I have to grind them up to hide them from Big Goo…he is totally against beans in his chili.
For this Oven Baked Frito Chili Pie, I went with Big Scoops because I knew I was going to crush them up before I started assembling the dish.
I layered chips, cheese, chili, chips, and more cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes and that’s all folks!
Top the baked dish with plenty of green onions, and don’t forget sour cream and avocado.
Big Goo added pickled jalapenos to the top of his plate, he said he needed it to be hotter!
And no Chili is complete without Jarritos…strawberry is my all time favorite! It’s a family tradition in my house…!
It’s time to eat people…this dish is so simple to make, your family is going to love it!
For more delicious casseroles and to see my featured Oven Baked Frito Chili Pie, download Recipe Lions free E-cookbook today!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces hot tomato sauce
- 4 ounces roasted hatch chiles
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 3 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil.
- Frito Corn Chips, large bag
- green onions to garnish
- sour cream, diced avocado
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside. Chop vegetables and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a pot and heat over medium heat. Add all vegetables except garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season vegetables with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and mix well.
- Add sausage, brown for about 10 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of seasoning blend to sausage, mix well.
- Add hot tomato sauce, roasted Hatch chilies, broth, and remaining seasoning, mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes. Chili will thicken upon standing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased casserole dish, add half the bag of hand crushed corn chips, place on the bottom. Top with half the cheese, and all the chili.
- Place more crushed corn chips on top of chili and add remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with green onions and serve with sour cream and avocado if desired.
- Serving Size: 6-8