- 1 whole chicken, cut up into pieces
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place chicken in a oven proof casserole dish. Drizzle about 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil over chicken, rub in well.
- Take citrus slices and squeeze over chicken, place citrus slices in pan.
- Season chicken with spice blend, mix well, rubbing into chicken and sliced citrus. Cover chicken and marinate for about 1 hour, up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Roast chicken at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes. Baste chicken with pan juices and broil for 5-10 minutes, until chicken is golden brown on top, juices run clear, not pink and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serving Size: 4-6