Happy Memorial Day!
It’s such a beautiful sunny day and although I have yet to decide what I am going to cook for my family today, I did decide that dip must always be part of any holiday meal.
My Jalapeno Onion Cheese dip is not only delicious it’s Jalapeno Onion Cheese dip perfection.
My daughter and I were looking to create a quick, one pot dip recipe. Yes, Baby Girl and I are always in recipe mode.
Well, actually this was her idea because she didn’t want dishes. Baby Girl wanted some Onion Cheese Dip and I wanted Jalapenos and this is when dip history was made!
Normally, when I make onion dip I always saute the onions for about 20 minutes.
Today, my daughter said, “Ma’ it’s just for us, just put the onions in the bowl and mix it all together, they will cook when we bake the dip.”
Yes, I am not one for taking advice from Baby Girl when it comes to cooking.
Today I decided to let Baby Girl take the lead. If she says the onions will cook when baking, then let’s get this Jalapeno Onion Cheese Dip in the oven!
I must admit, the kid was correct! Yes, I said the kid was correct, this Jalapeno Onion Cheese Dip is da bomb!
The onions came out so sweet and tender, it really didn’t need to be cooked separately. I can truly get into this one pot dip idea.
The Jalapeno Onion Cheese dip is so good, Baby Girl and I can’t stop eating out the pot!
It’s spicy, cheesy, and dipilicious! These are the basic requirements for tasty dip!
We sat down with a whole bunch of crackers and didn’t move until the dip was almost gone!
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into half moons
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a medium casserole dish with cooking spray. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place dip into casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes to brown top of dip.
- Serve with crackers and corn chips.
- Serving Size: 4-6