But before you start cooking, let’s do a brief recap on the genius of CookingPlanit!
What is CookingPlanit? Designed to be a recipe source as well as a helping hand in the kitchen, CookingPlanit takes a full-meal approach, pairing a main dish with two side dishes, all of which have been thoroughly tested by CookingPlanit’s resident chef, Emily.
If you haven’t used CookingPlanit you really must check it out. This app does so much!
- Sets up your grocery list
- Organizing ingredients by aisle
- Gives you step by step cooking instructions so all your dishes are ready at the same time!
In addition to setting up your shopping list, aggregated by ingredient and organized by grocery store isle, CookingPlanit takes you step-by-step through the cooking process so that all three dishes are ready at the same time.
Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, getting everything done at the same time can be a challenge. (Of course, you may choose to prepare just one recipe at a time.)
And you’re entered to win. There will be 3 winners who will win these prizes:
- Formaggio Cheese Basket ($100 value)
- 5-pc Cheese Knives set ($50 value)
- Recipe feature in the Cooking Planit Collection
CookingPlanit Formaggio Cheese Challenge Bloggers
Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
I Run For Wine
My Fashion Juice
My Own Blog Review
The Fountain Avenue Kitchen
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 2 cups roasted chicken breast, skin removed, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 cups Smoked Mozzarella
- 1 cup sharp cheese, grated
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed, dried
- 1 teaspoon creole seasonings
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 2 minutes less than suggestion cooking time on pasta box. Drain pasta, rinse under warm water, drain again, coat pasta in a little olive oil to prevent sticking and set aside.
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp. Reserve bacon grease.
- In a large pot add butter, 2 tablespoons of bacon grease over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour and whisk well for about 2 minutes.
- Add milk and whisk well.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add spices and cheese by the handful until cheese is melted.
- Stir chicken and pasta into cheese sauce, mix well. Place mixture into a greased 13X9 casserole dish.
- Top with bacon and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Allow pasta to cool slightly before serving.
- Serving Size: 6-8