I am so excited to share with you my Mexican Meatloaf with Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
First, I haven’t posted in the last few days because we’re in the process of moving our blog to a new home.
(THIS IS OUR NEW HOME)! LOL
Secondly, we’re switching from blogger to WordPress. Same site, same great recipes! This move should take place in the next couple of days.
Third, don’t worry, the old website will automatically direct you to the new site.
Now, back to the meatloaf. I wanted to create a meatloaf that didn’t require me chopping and sauteing a whole bunch of veggies.
This left me with the idea to use salsa to take the place of the veggies. I used roasted red salsa and green salsa to add tons of flavor to my meatloaf.
I also boiled my potatoes with loads of garlic cloves that becomes nice and tender just like the potatoes.
Lastly, I mashed them babies up with lots of butter, milk, and spices for the ultimate potato experience.
This meatloaf is beyond delicious!
I loved the flavor the salsa added to the meatloaf so much I poured extra over the meatloaf before serving.
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey or beef
- 2 cups roasted red salsa
- 1 cup green salsa
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
For the Garlic Potatoes:
- 4 large Idaho potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 sticks of butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients together except red salsa. Place meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan.
- Top with 1 cup of red salsa
- Bake meatloaf at 375 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining cup of red salsa and bake 10 minutes more.
- Allow meatloaf to cool about 10-15 minutes before slicing.
For The Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- To prepare potatoes, boil potatoes and garlic cloves until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, drain, add back to pot.
- Add butter, milk, seasonings and mash well.