Easy, Tasty, and Quick, that’s what my Mesquite Grilled Chicken Nachos are all about!
First, let me give you a little background on how nacho magic is about to take place.
The wonderful people at Perdue Farms were kind enough to send me their Perfect Portions Mesquite Marinated Chicken Breast for recipe development.
The Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast are marinated for great flavor, are ready when you are, come individually wrapped — use only what you need and cooks perfectly in 10 minutes.
Second, Perdue Farms is a family owned and operated company for generations, using only cage free, vegetarian feed, no-hormones and steroid free chickens.
Yes, folks, you know how I feel about happy eggs, well, happy eggs come from happy chickens, and Perdue Farms loves happy chickens!
I grilled my chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side.
While the wonderful chicken is grilling, I took organic canned corn and beans and sauteed them in a little olive oil to top the nachos.
After all the chicken rested, I sliced it into strips and now it’s time to assemble the Grilled Chicken Nachos.
Preheat the oven to broil, place chips on the bottom of a large cookie sheet, top with cheese, chicken, beans and corn.
Broil for about 3-4 minutes, until the cheese melts.
Remove the Grilled Chicken Nachos from the oven and top with fresh tomatoes, jalapenos, avocado and sour cream.
The Mesquite Grilled Chicken Nachos are hot, cheesy, and ready to eat!
- 5 Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Grilled Chicken Breast, defrosted
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn, canned, organic
- 1 cup pinto beans, canned, organic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
To Assemble Nachos:
- blue corn chips
- yellow corn chips
- jalapenos, sliced
- tomatoes, diced
- avocado, diced
- green onions, sliced
- sour cream
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside. Prepare Grill.
- Drain marinade from chicken breast, place chicken in a bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle half the seasoning blend on chicken and mix well.
- Place chicken on grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side, remove from grill and allow chicken to rest before slicing.
- While chicken is grilling, rinse, drain, corn and beans.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet over medium heat, add corn and beans, season with remaining seasoning blend, saute for about 5 minutes.
To Assemble nachos:
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place chips on a large cookie sheet, top with bean and corn mixture, cheese, and chicken.
- Broil Nachos for 2-3 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
Full disclosure: I was provided a box of Perdue Farms Perfect Portions Marinated Chicken Breast free of charge as part of this campaign. I am not, however, actually affiliated with Perdue Farms, and am allowed to speak positively or negatively about the product, so like in all of my reviews, any opinions expressed are mine and based on my experience, and do not reflect the opinions of Perdue Farms or anyone else.
- Serving Size: 4-6