No, you can’t make the entire pizza in the slow cooker. You could try, but I would suggest that you don’t do that.
But, what you can do is make this tasty Teriyaki Chicken in your slow cooker and turn it into a wonderful, cheesy, spicy, pizza.
I love using Naan bread because it’s beyond delicious! I must admit, I often take Naan bread, pop it in the microwave for about 15 seconds and spread cream cheese and a little butter on top and dip it in salsa.
And if you’re wondering how that taste, it taste like bread heaven!
Oh, back to the Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Pizza. I got a little off track, I get so excited about eating Naan bread.
The best thing about this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Pizza is the fact that it’s not only a one pot meal, but after you cook the chicken in the slow cooker, all that’s left to do is assemble the pizzas, which takes only 10-15 minutes to bake.
I often make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken and freeze the meat, which BTW makes me pizza ready in a matter of minutes.
And if you like your pizza HOT, don’t forget to drizzle loads of Sriracha CHA on top!
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
For the Pizza:
- 6 Naan bread
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- Sriracha Cha Sauce to serve
- Rinse chicken, pat dry. Place all ingredients for the chicken in a slow cooker, cover, cook on high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken in slow cooker.
For the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Top Naan bread with shredded chicken, pineapples and cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Top with Sriracha Cha sauce.
- Serving Size: 6