It’s cake time people!
I know I don’t make a lot of desserts, but when I do I go all out!
My Caramel Pound Cake is rich, buttery and creamy, thanks to the caramel frosting.
To make the creamy caramel I used these tasty Werther’s Original baking caramels mixed with a little milk for a quick caramel topping.
It takes less then 2 minutes in the microwave to create the creamy caramel sauce.
This is a quick one bowl recipe. Start by creaming the butter and cream cheese.
Next, add the sugar, I use a mixture of brown and white sugar. You could use all white or brown sugar, it’s really up to you.
I find that by using brown sugar the cake has a nice candy like texture on top.
Add eggs one at a time and then the pure vanilla.
Lastly, add the flour in batches, making sure to scrap down the sides of the bowl. I would beat the flour around 20-30 seconds between each batch.
You don’t want a hard cake so please don’t over mix it.
My Caramel Pound Cake is ready to eat, with a nice big glass of cold milk!
This cake is not overly sweet.
The caramel frosting is perfect for this moist, buttery, pound cake.
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 sticks butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Caramel Sauce:
- 1 9 ounce package Werther’s baking Caramels
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in mixer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add sugars slowly to butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Add eggs to mixture 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds between the next egg.
- Add vanilla.
- Mix flour and salt together. Add in four batches to mixture. Scraping down sides of mixing bowl before adding last batch of flour.
- Pour mixture into baking pan. Tap baking pan on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes, check cake with a skewer for fork. Bake 10 minutes more if needed.
- Remove cake from oven, allow to cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool on cake platter for 30 more minutes.
To prepare Caramel Sauce:
- Mix unwrapped caramels and milk together. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Drizzle on room temperature cake.
- Serving Size: 8-10