Can you believe it folks, it’s raining in the desert!
Yes, it’s still over 100 degrees but the pouring rain messed up my plans for grilled hot wings.
Last night I marinated my Spicy Baked Hot Wings in loads of hot sauce, a little butter and lots of wonderful spices.
I had big plans to grill these babies up but the rain said “I don’t think so!”
That leads me to my oven, I decided to change my plains and make Spicy Baked Hot Wings which turned these beauties into nice and crispy bites of spicy joy.
It only takes an hour and I turn them after 30 minutes to make sure both sides becomes crispy!
Oh yeah, you need plenty of my buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping people!
What’s a wing without ranch dressing, it’s just chicken folks, just chicken.
And if you really want to kick up the dressing, add about 1/2 cup of blue cheese to the recipe.
That’s enough talking, it’s time to eat and hopefully this rain disappears so I can get back to grilling!Print
- 3 lbs chicken drummettes
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken wings, pat dry.
- Place chicken in a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes are overnight.
- Bake chicken at 400 degrees for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
For even crispier chicken, reduce cooking time to 25 minutes on each side and broil for 3-4 minutes per side at the end of the baking time.
- Serving Size: 4