On today’s menu is my Turkey Noodle Casserole.
I decided to make this for lunch for Baby Girl and I because we wanted something cheesy!
Also, I boiled some egg noodles and was trying to figure out what to cook and my daughter suggested a casserole, loaded with cheese.
I love simple dishes that pack a lot of flavor.
First, I started off by sauteing bell peppers, onions, and garlic.
Secondly, I added ground turkey and cooked it until it was well browned.
Lastly, add cheese, cream of mushroom soup, tomato sauce, sour cream and frozen peas and carrots.
I like to use hot tomato sauce, but if you can’t handle the heat regular tomato sauce would work.
Also, I like to make my cream of mushroom from scratch but you can used store bought if you’re in a rush.
Mix in the precooked egg noodles, place in a greased casserole dish and cover with more cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
I finished off the dish with green onions.
I love adding fresh green onions to my casserole dishes for a pop of color.
Hot, bubbly, and real cheesy. This dish had everything one needs in a comforting casserole.
This casserole will make a cheese lover very happy!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 ounces dried egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream of mushroom
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, rinse in warm water, drain again, drizzle with olive oil to coat and set aside.
To Prepare the Casserole:
- In a large pan add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and onions and cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add ground turkey and all the seasonings to pan, mix well and cook about 10 minutes or until turkey is browned.
- Add Cream of Mushroom, milk, tomato sauce and 1 cup of cheese to pan, mix well. Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream and frozen peas and carrots.
- Stir in egg noodles and transfer half mixture to casserole dish, top with 1 cup of cheese.
- Place remaining mixture in casserole and top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake casserole at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onions.
- Serving Size: 6-8