On the menu today is my tasty Honey Garlic Chicken.
Actually, I call them Honey Garlic Chicken Nuggets because that’s what they remind me of eating. These are not your average chicken nuggets people.
These nuggets are so full of flavor you will never look at chicken nuggets the same way again.
It’s really a simple recipe, I take boneless, skinless, chicken breast, cut it into 2 inch chunks, seasoning it well, and pan fry the chicken battered in cornstarch.
Make sure you fry the chicken in batches, if you overcrowd the pan the chicken will steam and not give us that crispy crust we’re looking for.
Next, make up the honey garlic sauce.
Take honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sriracha and a little oyster sauce.
Don’t forget to put in as much garlic as you like. I used five cloves of minced garlic and of course my spice blend.
Lastly, once all the chicken is fried to perfection, add it all back to the pot and pour the honey garlic sauce over it.
Mix well, bring sauce to boil, reduce heat, simmer for about 3 minutes.
All done and ready to eat. I served this tasty chicken with steamed rice.
- 5 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- extra virgin olive oil
- hot rice to serve
- green onions to garnish
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- Rinse chicken pat dry, cut chicken into 2 inch chunks.
- Place chicken in a large bowl, coat with all the spices, mix well and set aside.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Coat chicken in cornstarch, shake off excess, place chicken in hot oil. Fry about 3 minutes per side in batches.
- Drain chicken on paper napkin as you complete the frying process.
- Repeat until all chicken is complete.
To Prepare the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Once chicken is complete, add all the chicken back to the pan, you don’t have to drain the excess oil from the pan.
- Pour sauce over chicken, bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken over hot rice, garnished with green onions.
- Serving Size: 4