Looking for a 10 minute meal?
My Shrimp Scampi is the perfect quick dish.
As you’ve noticed, I don’t cook a lot of seafood dishes because Baby Girl is allergic to all seafood.
But, sometimes I must give in and accept all the eye rolls and blank stares from Baby Girl and make me some shrimp!
First, I always start my scampi off with caramelized red onions, because I love onions.
The onions are the longest cooking part of this dish.
I would say cook them for about 5 minutes in extra virgin olive oil.
You can skip the onions if it’s not your thing and/or substitute the red onions for green onions.
Don’t forget to add a little chopped garlic!
Secondly, add shrimp that’s been seasoned with creole seasoning, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a little paprika and cayenne pepper.
Saute the shrimp for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
Lastly, add a little broth, chopped parsley, and cook for about 2-3 minutes more, and that’s it folks!
I almost forgot one little tidbit, you need to start cooking the scampi with a little butter and finish it with more butter.
I can’t believe I almost forgot to tell ya that!
Well, things are looking up with this dish.
Not only did it take less than 10 minutes. You can serve this wonderful, shrimpilicious dish with potatoes, pastas, or rice.
I also use colossal shrimp sometimes and serve it as an appetizer.
And if you’re a wine drinker, substitute half the broth for white wine.
I made some creamy mashed potatoes and it’s time to eat folks!
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup red onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- potatoes, pastas, rice to serve
- Peel, devein, rinse, and dry shrimp and set aside.
- Mix seasoning blend and coat shrimp with the spices, mix well.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and 1/2 the butter over medium heat.
- Add red onion and saute for 4 minutes, add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Add broth, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cook 1 minute more.
- Add remaining butter and parsley, cook 1 minute more.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over potatoes, pasta or rice.
- Serving Size: 4