- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Stuffing:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Hatch Chiles, roasted
- 4 slices jack cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, butterfly chicken.
- Place chicken in a freezer bag and flatten with a mallet to about 1/2 inch thicken.
- Repeat with all chicken.
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- Mix chicken stuffing and set aside.
- Coat each chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of stuffing on one side of chicken breast, top with 1 slice of each cheese.
- Wrap 3 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast tightly, repeat.
- Place chicken on greased baking pan, sprinkle any remaining seasoning on top of bacon.
- Bake chicken at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until bacon is cooked thoroughly.
- Turn oven on broil and broil chicken for about 5 minutes to crisp the top of the bacon.
Chicken can be grilled for about 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
- Serving Size: 4