- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup red salsa
- 1 cup green salsa
- 1 cup hot tomato sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- cheese to serve
- fries to serve
- green onions to garnish
For the Roux:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- In a skillet add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add ground meat, onion, and garlic.
- Season with 3 tablespoons of spice blend.
- Cook for 5 minutes, breaking up meat as you cook.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, salsas and remaining spices to slow cooker.
- Mix well and cook covered on high for 4 hours.
- The last hour of cooking time remove the lid and prepare the roux.
To Prepare the Roux:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add flour and stir for about 4-5 minutes, until flour is slightly browned.
- Add the roux to the slow cooker, mix well and cook 1 hour more.
- Serve with cheese, fries, chips, and/or hot dogs.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serving Size: 6-8