- 4 cups frozen hash brown
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pack of bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- dash of hot sauce
- green onions to garnish
- sour cream to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend and set aside.
- In a large skillet fry diced bacon until crispy about 6 minutes, remove bacon from pan, drain on paper napkin, reserve 3 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Add butter to bacon grease.
- Add onion and pepper to pan and saute 5 minutes.
- Add hash brown to pan, season with half the spice blend, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, sour cream, 2 cups of cheese and milk to a large bowl, add remaining seasonings, mix well and set aside.
- Add cooked hash brown to a greased 9 inch pie plate, flatten evenly.
- Bake hash brown for about 10 minutes.
- Remove hash brown from oven, top with egg/cream/cheese mixture.
- Bake quiche for 25-30 minutes or until the quiche puffs up and is golden brown.
- Remove quiche from oven, top with remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Allow quiche to firm up about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with extra sour cream.
- Serving Size: 4-6