It’s Friday and what better meal to eat after a long week than my delicious Stuffed Potatoes with Shrimp!
With the help of a microwave we’re talking about a 15 minute meal.
I know it’s hard to believe that in 15 short minutes you can indulge in such food goodness.
Next to learning that my Slow Cooker can be used for more than just keeping my collard green warm, microwaving potatoes are my new best friend when it comes to cooking quick no fuss meals!
When I am in a rush to cook a quick meal for my family, I usually brown up ground turkey or saute shrimp and top a microwaved potato with cheese, sour cream, and some jalapenos and we’re eating a quick meal in less than 2o minutes.
No heating up the house by turning on the oven and no waiting an hour to bake a potato.
While the potatoes are being “baked” in the microwave for about 7 minutes, peel, devein, and season large shrimp.
The bigger the better when it comes to eating shrimp!
First, we must fry up some diced bacon.
Yes, we need bacon if we’re going to create food goodness.
Second, remove the bacon and drain on a paper napkin and reserve the bacon grease!
Yes, reserve the bacon grease!
Saute the seasoned shrimp in the bacon grease for about 2-3 minutes per side.
Take half the shrimp and dice them babies up.
We’re going to fold butter, seasonings, diced shrimp, and cheese into the potato filling.
Now top the potatoes with more shrimp!
Yes, each potato has a total of 6 large shrimp.
Don’t forget, let’s finish these babies off with a dollop of sour cream, green onions, and lots of crispy bacon!
Stuffed Potatoes with Shrimp
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 pack of bacon, diced
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 1 cup sharp cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Mix seasoning blend together, reserve 1 tablespoon and set remaining seasoning aside.
- Rinse, peel, devein shrimp, remove shrimp tails.
- Place shrimp into a bowl and coat with remaining seasoning, mix well, set aside.
- Place diced bacon into a pan over medium heat, saute until crispy, reserve bacon grease.
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry, prick holes around potatoes with a knife.
- Microwave potatoes for about 7 minutes or until tender when poked with a fork.
- While potatoes cook add shrimp to bacon grease and cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Dice half the shrimp into chunks and set aside.
To Assemble Potatoes:
- Split open potatoes, fluff potatoes with a fork, season with a little of the reserved seasoning blend, add a pat of butter, a little cheese and some of the diced shrimp, mix well and top with more shrimp.
- Garnish potatoes with sour cream, diced bacon and green onions.
- Serving Size: 4
I love potatoes. I get full on them without overeating. This is a wonderful twist on the standard issue of potato. Thanx for the great idea!
You’re welcome Carol!
Thanks Averie, I am really enjoying making bread. The process is so simple to enjoy something that taste so good.