- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Place broth in large container and season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, set aside.
- In a large skillet add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, onions, celery, and parsley, season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Add half of the mixture to the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Place the other half of the veggie mixture into a large bowl.
- Add meat, eggs, remaining seasonings, and crackers to the veggie mixture and mix well.
- Form into golf ball sized meatballs and place in slow cooker.
- Cover meatballs carefully with 2 cups of the beef broth.
- Cook covered on high for 3 hours.
- Add cornstarch to remaining cup of beef broth, whisk well to remove clumps.
- Pour broth over meatballs, mix well, cook meatballs 1 hour more.
- Serve with hot rice and cornbread.
- If you prefer thinner gravy add more broth.
- Serving Size: 4