I have a confession to make.
My name is Lisa and I am a Crock Pot Addict!
Yep, that’s me and I am proud of it.
My delicious Slow Cooker Meatballs and Gravy have been added to my ever growing list of the perfect Crock Pot meal.
It was only just a year ago when I was stating how I only used my Slow Cooker to keep my Collard Greens warm during the holidays.
Yep that was me speaking just last year.
I am so glad I’ve been reformed and now realize that a Crock Pot is my new best friend.
Yes people I take my “Crock Potting” very seriously!
I’ve even added it to the list of must haves like real butter, vanilla, cheese and now a Crock Pot.
I must tell ya’ these meatballs are so tender and juicy you’re going to be hooked after one bite!
Here’s what I did.
I took about 5 minutes to saute the vegetables in a little olive oil, allowed them to cool slightly.
Folded the veggies into the meat with lots of spices and I also added a trick of using Ritz Crackers instead of bread crumbs.
Roll these babies into golf ball size meatballs, place in the slow cooker, cover with a little broth and after 3 hours on high add our quick gravy mixture.
Cook 1 hour more and serve with hot rice and a side of cornbread want hurt.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large red onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Place broth in large container and season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, set aside.
- In a large skillet add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers, onions, celery, and parsley, season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Add half of the mixture to the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Place the other half of the veggie mixture into a large bowl.
- Add meat, eggs, remaining seasonings, and crackers to the veggie mixture and mix well.
- Form into golf ball sized meatballs and place in slow cooker.
- Cover meatballs carefully with 2 cups of the beef broth.
- Cook covered on high for 3 hours.
- Add cornstarch to remaining cup of beef broth, whisk well to remove clumps.
- Pour broth over meatballs, mix well, cook meatballs 1 hour more.
- Serve with hot rice and cornbread.
- If you prefer thinner gravy add more broth.
- Serving Size: 4