- 6 cups corn, organic
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sharp cheese (optional)
- green onions to garnish
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and seasonings together and set aside.
- Take 2 cups of corn and puree in a blender, set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat melt bacon grease and a stick of butter.
- Add all the corn, including the pureed corn to the pan and mix well.
- Add seasoning mixture to pan, mix well.
- Add heavy cream and hot sauce, mix well.
- Cook over medium low for about 30 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Add sharp cheese if desired, mix well.
- Serving Size: 4-6