It’s 55 degrees in the desert today!
It’s so cold that I needed to make comfort food just to get over how cold it is.
My Creole Creamed Corn is just what I needed to bring some warmth into my life!
One of my foodie friends requested this recipe a couple of weeks ago.
I love when I receive food request and it’s my pleasure to share my “WORLD FAMOUS” Creole Creamed Corn.
Yep, you know I claim all my recipes as “WORLD FAMOUS!”
Before we start cooking let’s take a minute to talk about corn.
All corn is not created equally.
Some of it’s man made and some of it’s nature made.
I prefer the nature made route so I only use organic GMO-Free corn.
As I’ve mentioned in the past my daughter has food allergies so I am really careful about what ingredients I feed her.
I try to stay away from processed foods and I support my local Farmers by purchasing directly from them as much as possible.
Not all farmers can afford to go the Organic labeling route but still use all natural farming techniques.
Check out Local Harvest for a list of Farmers in your area.
This dish is very simple.
Just place everything into a pot and cook over medium low heat for about 30 minutes.
Don’t forget to stir.
If your corn starts to stick, add more cream or better yet, add more butter!
- 6 cups corn, organic
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup sharp cheese (optional)
- green onions to garnish
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and seasonings together and set aside.
- Take 2 cups of corn and puree in a blender, set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat melt bacon grease and a stick of butter.
- Add all the corn, including the pureed corn to the pan and mix well.
- Add seasoning mixture to pan, mix well.
- Add heavy cream and hot sauce, mix well.
- Cook over medium low for about 30 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Add sharp cheese if desired, mix well.
- Serving Size: 4-6